Friday, January 18, 2008

Beet, apple & ginger salad


This is the easiest, freshest salad to make and to eat. The ginger really gives it some zing and helps wake up those tired old taste buds. The jewel-like hue also perks up a jaded palate...be careful not to drip the juice on any light colored clothing though! lol!

Just as an FYI, you will need a food processor with a shredding blade or a muscular right arm and a sturdy grater for this one!

Beet, apple & ginger salad

Ingredients

4 small raw beets peeled and halved
1 granny smith apple (I leave mine unpeeled for the fiber but you can peel it)cut into quarters
1 thumb sized knob of ginger peeled
Sherry vinegar to taste
Olive oil (optional)
Salt and pepper

Put the fine shredding blade into the food processor then drop the beets,apple and ginger into the tube one by one.
Spoon into a serving dish and add sherry vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. You can add a drizzle of EVOO if you wish but I like it without.

Keeps for about a week in the fridge.

1 comment:

Montessa said...

Is this the same boot root salad you make for BBQs? I love that salad, now I want to make some... but I'm the ONLY beat lover in this house :-( I'll make a small batch for myself.