Tuesday, September 14, 2010

End of Summer Salad



Here is another of my non-recipe recipes! Since we are fast sliding into fall weather here in Ca I decided to use the last of my ripe produce and some great leafy greens to make a healthy and tasty salad.
I've long been a fan of fruit in salad (no, not the stuff your grandmother used to make with Jello and canned fruit..yuk!) ....real fruit with dark greens for vitamins and minerals. So, I often just use what I have on hand.

This is what I had on hand for this salad...

Arugula
Baby spinach
Chopped ripe mango (peach or nectarine would work well here too)
Parmesan cheese (the real stuff.....shards of it)
Diced white onion
Toasted walnuts

Quantities to your liking, of course!

I then whipped up some simple dressing using dijon mustard, lemon olive oil, white wine vinegar, pinch of sugar and some white pepper et voila!

Try it, you'll like it!

No comments: