Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Breakfast of champions!


1/9/07

Here it is! Breakfast of champions.......McCann's Oat Bran made with half water, half 1% Sunmilk, sweetened with Splenda and topped with blueberries (the frozen ones.....they're just as good as fresh, unsweetened) and a sprinkling of bran for extra fiber. It's quick and easy.....mix the cereal with the liquid, microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stir and eat!
The Oat Bran has 4 gm fiber per serving and the blueberries around the same. So, I've just ingested about 1/3 of my day's fiber needs in my first meal! Not bad, eh? BTW...daily fiber requirements are between 25-35 gm per day. This may be a healthy breakfast, but it also tastes great, which is a requirement for me. I like to eat well but it has to taste good and fill me up!

Look out for a nice easy, healthy soup recipe later.

No comments: