Monday, January 22, 2007

quick, easy, & healthy desserts!

 



I have to admit that I like desserts as much as the next toothless person, I just try and maximise the healthy parts and keep the fattening, suggary bits to a minimum......still has to taste good tho'.

The photo is fat free plain (natural) yogurt...I like Greek yogurt because it is really thick but you can use whatever yogurt you have on hand....drain it in some paper towel over the sink for an hour or 2 while you make dinner if you want a thicker consistency. To the yogurt I added sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen), pomegranate seeds (crunchy and juicy), some thinly sliced fresh mint, and....the piece de la resistance....warmed Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread). Just pop the jar in the microwave for 20-30 seconds so it goes a bit liquidy and then drizzle over your fruit/yogurt etc.
Posted by Picasa


Alternatively, pop a couple of seedless clementines onto a square of foil...add liqueur (brandy, grand marnier, sherry), or apple/orange juice, some honey or brown sugar. Wrap up and bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes until softened.

 
Posted by Picasa

Serve with frozen yogurt, low fat ice cream, or yogurt. As you can see from the photo, I added a drizzle of Nutella (I love the stuff...)and some crushed up rice cakes for crunch....
 
Posted by Picasa




Yum! I know the Nutella looks a bit brown and clumpy in the photo but if you get it liquidy enough it will drizzle beautifully...I just didn't have the patience! A food stylist I am not!

No comments: